Friday, April 3, 2009

One

So its been a year since Meg and I were racing off to the hospital (well actually more like stuck in NY traffic) and two hours later we were welcoming little Mr. Loy Weston Saponara into the world.

So this morning, rather than Meg waking me @ 5 am in Labor it was Meg waking me because Loy was crying and it was my turn to go into his room.

Loy must've been just so excited to celebrate his first birthday today that he couldn't wait to be awake. What's funny is I went in to get him, I lied down on the sofa with him in his room, and he put his head down on my shoulder and slept. I really couldn't sleep, so I just watched him and I couldn't help but think that a year ago, just moments after he was born, I was holding him in that same shoulder, sitting by Meg's side. A year ago, he was so small and got lost in my arms, while now he takes up a lot more real estate.

It has been so fun to watch the changes that have occured. And every parent says it about their child, but its amazing to see a child grow and learn and learn a new skill from one day to the next. Something that I only thnk a parent can understand is that it has been the longest year that has gone by so quickly.

Here's one of the first pictures taken of Loy and I, but still my favorite.

Happy Birthday baby boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment